About Me

Monday 22 August 2011

Interview with Joe Dante


It has now been over a year since I started writing about films and I have enjoyed the experience so much I thought I would revisit some of my early articles... this could be embarrassing, but everyone starts somewhere!

One of the most interesting and fun times I had was interviewing Director, Joe Dante, he was so friendly and I was really honoured to meet him. I have enjoyed nearly every single one of his long list of films that include The Howling, Innerspace, Gremlins, The Burbs, Piranha, Explorers, and Matinee to the TV show Eerie Indiana. I grew up watching these gems and hold them very dear. Meeting him was always going to be a high point and I can't believe I had the opportunity to do so at such an early point in my film writing journey.

I interviewed him for Obsessed with Film, which is now called WhatCulture! You can read the interview here! Someone called "guest" is credited for the article, and personally I think everything they have written is pretty good, for example check out their review of The Hole, what talent!

Hope you enjoy reading the interview as much as I enjoyed doing it. I have a couple of interviews set up which I am really looking forward to doing. In fact, looking to do more of this, so drop me a line if you think of anyone suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment