About Me

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Interview with Andrei Konchalovsky


I did this interview back in January for Cinetalk. It was pretty daunting to meet such an acclaimed Director, but he set me at ease and was very friendly. The film I knew him best for was Runaway Train which was nominated for three Oscars and starred Jon Voight with support from Eric Roberts.

He is also pretty famous for directing Tango & Cash in his Hollywood era.

BUT, to this very day I have never seen a little film he directed in 1989 - Homer & Eddie - which stars James Belushi and Whoopi Goldberg. The guy who wrote it (Patrick Cirillo) also wrote a Bruce Willis movie I have never seen, Tears of the Sun, which I may have to watch next. AND he is the cousin of a guy that once appeared in How I Met Your Mother. I am a Whoopi fan, so I am determined to get my hands on this so I can watch and review ASAP!  
The synopsis is below:

"A retarded man gets help from a sociopathic woman when she tries to reunite him with his dying father, who years earlier disowned him." (IMDB)


I think this movie may make me cry, I can only hope.

Anyway, here is the link to the interview:

No comments:

Post a Comment