About Me

Friday 20 April 2012

Alex Mack, Eerie Indiana and Ethan Hawke



In my quest to envelop myself in 90s nostalgia I recently watched the entire first series of The Secret World of Alex Mack starring Larisa Oleynik from 10 Things I Hate About You. Her attire of oversized checked shirts and jeans pretty much sums up my wardrobe as a kid. It didn't stand up to the test of time, but it had its moments, you can read my review over at Starburst Magazine .

Let's be honest, nothing was going to compare 90s kids show wise considering my love for
Eerie Indiana (more on this soon).
I also watched A Midnight Clear - a film I had never seen before - it's set in 1944 (released in 1992) as the Second World War was coming to an end and follows a squad of US soldiers who have been placed together due to their above average intelligence.
Ethan Hawke stars in an early role, and his performance is full of its usual intensity.
It also features a young cast of Kevin Dillon, Peter Berg, Ayre Gross, Frank Whaley and Gary Sinise - who all shine in their roles.
You can read my review over at Cinetalk





No comments:

Post a Comment