About Me

Thursday 22 March 2012

Love, Sex and Death

The 50th anniversary edition of Love on a Pillow (Le Repos du Guerrier) is out now on DVD. 
It is over the top French romance. So obviously I loved it.
You can read my review on Cinetalk

In Darkness is currently out in the UK at cinemas. It is everything all the quotes on the poster claim it to be. I spent ages writing about it because there was so much to say about it. Unfortunately in a moment of stupidity I wiped my laptop and lost my review.
Mairéad Roche has written an in depth review over on Cinemart. You can read it here.

It is a powerful story told with honesty and an artitistic eye.
Themes of humanity are dealt with extremely well and the animalistic urge of humans is portrayed through some exceptionally well crafted sex scenes that remove the need for dialogue in making a statement. Director, Agnieszka Holland, also doesn't shy away from the subject of female masturbation.


A Horrible Way to Die is stand out horror that deserves credit for approaching the genre in a creative way.  You can read my review on Cinetalk.
It is out on DVD now.

No comments:

Post a Comment