About Me

Thursday 26 January 2012

Hoover, Hawaii, Conspiracy and Long Distance Romance



I didn't mind J. Edgar, in fact I found it quite interesting, but the prosthetics/make-up were slightly off-putting. Armie Hammer provided some highlights in his role as Clyde Tolson. Must be all those cookies he has been eating...
You can read my review here.
 I saw The Descendants at TIFF and whilst watching it cried about five times - it could have been the jet lag, but who knows - it also made me laugh quite a lot. Director Alexander Payne came out after the screening for a Q&A session. Now, we all know questions at these things can either be fantastic  or plain DUMB! One audience member went for the latter, and Payne does not suffer fools gladly.

Audience Member: Why have you decided to make a George Clooney Vehicle? Why did you cast him in this role?
Payne: Who would you have cast?
Audience Member: Colin Firth
Payne: Really? Ok, well the simple answer is I asked the author who she would like in the role and she suggested Clooney.
You can read my review here.


The Burma Conspiracy was released on DVD this week. An explosion extravaganza!
You can read my review here.

I'm not sure what all the hoo ha was about over Like Crazy at Sundance last year.
You can read my review here.


No comments:

Post a Comment