About Me

Thursday 1 March 2012

Some thoughts on comedy


Wanderlust is a new comedy from David Wain starring Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston. I am a fan of Rudd and his comedy styling and even went so far as to take some time out from the Toronto Film Festival last year to watch Our Idiot Brother as I thought it looked promising and also featured Rashida Jones (The Office, Parks and Recreation) sporting a wonderful pair of glasses. 


It wasn't the greatest film ever, but Rudd and Rashida did some great character acting.
Here is my review of Wanderlust it was pretty funny, but not perfect. 

Project X was not a film made for me, but its target audience will probably enjoy it, although with an 18 certificate in the UK some of its potential audience will be lost. There are no female characters in this film, just objects for boys to lust over. 
You can read my review on Cinetalk.


Diablo Cody and Jason Reitman take the opposite direction from Project X  by making a woman the central role in Young Adult. Another refreshing film from this writer/director duo thanks to strong performances, a sharp screenplay and the ability to push boundaries when it comes to female film roles.
You can read my review on Cinetalk

Also out this week is Hunky Dory, which I saw at the London Film Festival last year, and thoroughly enjoyed. The soundtrack features some excellent 70s tunes. 

I didn't enjoy This Means War, in fact it put me in a bad mood for the most part. I haven't written a review but Jonathan Hatfull sums it up nicely over on Fohnhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment