About Me

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Chronicle and Costume

 Mixing elements from teen, horror, sci-fi and superhero flicks, Max Landis has crafted a strong script that is complimented by great direction from Josh Trank, resulting in a fresh entry into the already crowded 'found footage' genre.
You can read my review over on Starburst Magazine here.

If you like the content over on Starburst Magazine it is now back in print and you can subscribe to the magazine here.  

Speaking of Max Landis and his writing skills, last week I met his parents...
His mum, Deborah Nadoolman Landis is curating a show at the Victoria and Albert Museum and it's all about Hollywood Costume. It starts in October and it looks spectacular.
I attended a presentation where Deborah Landis spoke all about the event. I wrote about it over on Filmoria here. 

After the presentation we were invited to speak to the curators and museum folk on an individual basis. On my way down the auditorium I spotted a man sitting by himself that looked suspiciously like John Landis... it was.  I had a chat with him about Chronicle, at that time he had only seen the first twenty minutes but said it looked like it was heading to a dark place. He also seemed like an extremely proud father.  I also had a major "Geek Out" as I had just met the man who had directed An American Werewolf in London one of the best films ever. Fact. And what a friendly man he was!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment