About Me

Friday 25 November 2011

Mental Illness, Cancer and Melodrama


Michael Shannon is marvellous as a man on the edge in Take Shelter - a film that mixes horror, thriller and drama - highly recommended. It may even make it into my top ten of 2011. You can read my review over on Cinetalk.

50/50 is another excellent film out this week. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is wonderful in the lead role of this comedy about cancer. It could have gone horribly wrong, but due to a strong script from Will Reiser it manages to strike the balance between comedy and drama. 
You can read my review on Cinetalk

The Deep Blue Sea should have made me cry but it just didn't. Wonderful to watch and captures the era perfectly. I would recommend catching it at the cinema as it looks so beautiful. 
You can read my review on Cinetalk

No comments:

Post a Comment