About Me

Friday 26 August 2011

Cowboys & Aliens, Tony Todd, some 3D sex and Jim Sturgess



I fell for the Cowboys & Aliens marketing campaign, hook, line and sinker.
The tag line was cool: First Contact. Last Stand.
Harrison Ford and Sam Rockwell were in it, the posters looked great, Favreau was directing... and it was a wicked idea for a film that I thought would just be a cool, fun explosion extravaganza.
I was wrong. You can read my review in Starburst Magazine here
It is out in the UK now.

I hadn't heard much about Final Destination 5 before watching it - how much do you need to know really?? I was extremely pleased to see Tony Todd reprising his role as Bludworth and he was as creepy as usual. I liked the first few films of the franchise, and would even go so far as to say I loved the first one.  I thought the film was great fun and it is a horror film I would recommend catching in the cinema as the 3D is pretty special in some of the kill scenes.
It premiered at FrightFest last night and is on general release in the UK today.
You can read my review in Starburst Magazine here.

3D Sex & Zen: Extreme Ecstasy was one of the strangest films I have watched in a while. It started off exactly as I expected, a silly sex film, but then things got DARK and it made me feel a little sick.
It is released in the UK on 2nd September and you can read my review over on the wonderful Cinetalk here


SO... I have been harping on about this film for a long time now and I finally got to see it a couple of weeks ago thanks to the lovely people at Feref. Generally speaking, when it comes to adaptation the film is never as good as the book, so I was prepared for the inevitable tinkering of source material and for some content having to be taken out. It is a very large book. I loved the final outcome, and just from looking at the picture above I really want to go and see it again. Jim Sturgess was pretty perfect in his role and Anne Hathaway...well, you can read my review over on Cinetalk here
What can I say, I love a good romantic film! 

I also had time to watch this little gem on DVD

 that I would suggest watching if you want to be totally creeped out.
You can read my review of Lake Mungo over on Cinetalk here.

No comments:

Post a Comment