About Me

Monday 15 August 2011

Apes, Penguins and Smurfs




There are currently two films on release at the moment about apes, one is fact, one is fiction, and they  both pack an emotional punch. You can read my Rise of the Planet of the Apes review in Starburst Magazine here and my review of Project Nim on Cinetalk here


I have to admit it, I was looking forward to seeing The Smurfs movie, big time. It looked like a lot of fun and I thought they would aim it as much as the parents as the kids. I was wrong, this film is for young children with a few moments of fun thrown in for the parents (or adults who just really like smurfs). Mr Popper's Penguins was on about the same level as The Smurfs, good fun for young children, but nothing more.
Reviews here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment