About Me

Monday 23 May 2011

What I've been up to

In the last few weeks I have been madly reviewing the latest releases over on Cinetalk. I have seen some homage to French new wave in Submarine which I saw as part of the LoCo Film Festival who strive to bring great comedy to the big screen in an inventive way. Visit their website for more details http://locofilmfestival.com/

I got excited by Korean fantasy flick Demon Empire and met some lovely people from Epic Asia at the screening.

I went to some special Q&A sessions at my local Picturehouse cinema including a satellite link-up with Werner Herzog about his 3D film Cave of Forgotten Dreams. I also saw the much anticipated Attack the Block that had an in-house Q&A with Joe Cornish and the cast.

Foreign cinema didn't let me down with a pretty cool heroine in the guise of Adele Blanc-Sec and a brutal account of a couple of real-life serial killers in  Cold Fish.



I also fit in some Statham time by watching his new flick Blitz which is out at cinemas now.

Other films that I have watched and reviewed are Patagonia, The Eagle, Hop, Rubber, Tomorrow, When the War Began, Insidious, Water for Elephants, Hanna, The Way and Risen

I am also now writing for Starburst Magazine who focus on Sci-fi, Horror and Fantasy and should have some reviews/features on their website in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment