About Me

Thursday 21 October 2010

BFI London Film Festival

I have spent most of this week at the London Film Festival and will be spending some more of my time there next week as well. It has been an enjoyable experience and so far I have managed to watch Africa United, Manila Skies, It's Kind of a Funny Story and The Parking Lot Movie. Next week I will be watching Afraid of the Dark (Bruises) and Spork and attempting to blag my way into others. Reviews to follow soon.

I really enjoy the vibe at a film festival, overhearing snippets of conversation and reviews from the fellow audience members and nodding my head in agreement. I love sharing my personal experience of a film with another person and being challenged, given a different perspective on a film and if there is something I may have missed I like for it to be explained to me. My opinion on a film is just that and by using Twitter, Facebook and other Internet tools I find it gives me a way to start a conversation.  I have been talking to people at the LFF whilst I sip on a latte in between films but not to the extent that I do when I am at TIFF. I think the British reservation sometimes creates a barrier between people but then again maybe North Americans are more open to listening to a mad woman talk in their face about film. They are both totally different film festival experiences and I would recommend both. Try and catch a film at LFF if you can, the festival runs until 28th October.

1 comment:

  1. Very disappointed that I haven't booked anything this year. Glad you are getting so much goodness out of the festival! Hope the lattes are just as good :)

    ReplyDelete